Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A couple of Sushi fillings

One of the biggest reasons I have this blog is to write down all the stuff I come up with when it comes to food. That way I won't forget it, and when people (like Morgan) ask me how I made something, I don't have to make it up on the fly, I can point them here:) So here are two sushi fillings. See my Sushi link to the right, for the low down on how to make and roll some great sushi.

Crab-Wasabi filling:
1/2 cup of crab meat
wasabi to taste
2 Tbsp of mayo

Mix together in a bowl and use directly for your sushi filling, or store in fridge for later. I think that I mixed in a little furikake seasoning with this as well, but I can't remember for sure.

Portobello filling:
2 portobello mushrooms (diced into small pieces)
1 can water chestnuts (diced into small pieces)
red chili pepper sauce (to taste)
2 cloves garlic (diced)
salt to taste

Saute in wok over high heat with a little olive oil until the chestnuts are soft, remove from heat and use directly for your sushi filling, or store in fridge for later.

No comments: