Pages

Friday, October 12, 2007

Chicken Fajita Eggroles

Yesterday I made chicken fajita egg roles for dinner. Here is the recipe.

1lb of chicken
2 portabello mushrooms
3 avocados
1 sm can of green chiles
1 egg
1 package of egg roll wrappers
olive oil and a fajita spice packet

Boil chicken and then shred with a fork. Put a little olive oil into the skillet and combine chicken, fajita spices, can of green chiles and a 1/4 cup of water. bring to a simmer for a couple of minutes. Slice your mushrooms and avocado into thin slices about two - three inches long. Wrap a scoop of the fajita mixture, a couple of avocado slices and mushroom slices in the egg roll wrap, seal it with a little whipped egg. Continue making the egg roles until you run out of stuff or wraps.

In a large skillet or wok, bring about a cup to 2 cups of oil to mid-high heat. put your egg roles in the oil and crisp on both sides. I like the color to be like caramel. remove with your fingers, ha ha, just kidding, use a big slotted spoon or tongs.

Serve with a little sour cream and salsa. These turned out pretty good, but the next time I do it, I am going to add in an onion, cilantro and lime juice to the fajita mix. I might also make a variation where I take out the mushroom and add in a slice of cheddar or pepper jack cheese. I think this would be marvelous!

No comments: