Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

Mole, mole mole mole. Chicken

My friend Morgan came over for dinner the other night. I made Mole Chicken. I was thinking that I would start posting recipes that I make online. I have seen a couple other people do this and it sounds like fun. So here it goes.

Mole Chicken - from memory!

2 chicken breasts (boneless is easy)
1 large onion
12 oz can of black beans
4 oz can of green chilies
mole paste
chicken broth
packet of taco of fajita seasoning (I like Lawreys)
2 avocado
2 tomatoes
cilantro
lime
rice (I use Basmati)
oil (olive is good)
cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)

Start the rice first, I like to soak it for about an hour before hand and then boil it. Once it is mostly done (a little bit firm, but not crunchy) I drain it and wash it. Then it goes back into a non-stick pot with oil. I add a hand full of sliced cilantro, juice from half a lime and a little salt.

Put the black beans in a pot and simmer with 2 oz of the chillies.

Slice onion and then saute in oil till a little bit brown. Set aside. Slice chicken and put in frying pan or wok with oil. Add about a half a packet of the taco seasoning and cook chicken. For the mole, follow the directions on the paste. Usually you will add two or three Tbsp of mole and then three times as much water or chicken broth. Maybe one day I will come up with my own mole recipe, but not today. Once chicken is cooked, add mole sauce and reduce heat to simmer. Add onion and green chillies back to pan and a small hand full of cilantro. Simmer for 5 minutes or so, basically you need enough time to make your guacamole out of the avocado, cilantro and half a lime. Add salt and pepper to taste for the guac. I also like to put a little shredded cheddar in my guacamole.

Chop up your tomatoes.

Serve the chicken over rice with the black beans. Garnish with tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream and cheese(optional).

If I had been on the ball I would have taken a picture, but I am sure that I will make it again, because it was great. I will add a picture in then. Maybe next week.

No comments: