Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

Salmon with Avocado Salsa

I love to eat fish. I remember when I was young, really young, my dad would feed me fish from his plate and I would eat all of his fish. My wife and I came up with this recipe a couple of years ago. It is an interesting pairing: Salmon and avocado, but delicious.

1 lb of salmon fillets
1 lemon
1 lime
2 avocados
1/4 a red onion (a small hand full)
small hand full of cilantro
tomato
citrus and basil rub from Pampered Chef

Put the fillets in a baking pan and preheat the oven to 350. Apply a liberal amount of the Pampered Chef Citrus and Basil rub to the salmon and then squeeze the lemon over the salmon. Put in oven for 20 minutes or so.

Peel and de-seed the avocados and put into bowl. Mash them up a bit. Dice the tomato and red onion and put into bowl with avocado, add chopped cilantro, salt, pepper and the rest of the juice from the lemon to taste. Slice the lime and cut the peel off and discard. Chop the lime and add to the bowl. Mix well.

Remove the salmon. One your plate put a heaping spoon full of salsa and place the salmon on top. Serve with a rice pilaf or potato and veggie. My kids like broccoli, so we always seem to serve broccoli. I like it with asparagus too.

No comments: