Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten

Liam had his first day of school yesterday, Wednesday. I think it is a little hard as a parent to let your kid go off to school, out of your nest, so to speak. In fact, he wanted to ride the bus to school by him self yesterday morning too. I don't think any other little kids were on it, just him. ViviAnne ended up meeting him at the school just before the bell rang to start classes. Ha, I say classes, but there is only one class. She wanted to see him off and take some pictures. I am so glad that he wanted to ride the bus, and really proud of him. That is a big deal to ride all by your self and he just did it. With out any fan fair or anxiety, it was pretty amazing. I think that he must have felt pretty comfortable because of all the bus riding that him and I would do after pre-school last semester.

After he got home, I took him and Asa and my niece out for ice cream. They and I loved it, Liam got to tell me about his day while we all watched people clean up after making cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe Liam is already off to Kindergarten. It just doesn't seem that long ago, when we were all living together and Viv found out she was pregnant with him. He looks so grown up and that is super that he rode the school bus! Erin

Nathan Fireborn said...

Congrats to Liam. Big steps for the little man. You guys are such caring parents. Good entry,