Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

Thai Turkey

I can't believe I finally did it. I made a Thai Turkey. It was pretty good. I ended up just doing the turkey and not all the other stuff, but it was fun. Here is the recipe.

8 lb Turkey (defrosted)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
3 tsp honey
3 tsp sesame oil
3 tsp soy sauce
3 dried red chili peppers (chopped w/ seeds)
6 garlic cloves (chopped)
3 tsp Five Spice
3 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all the stuff up in a bowl (you can use a food processor if you like) and then rub it all over the bird, inside and out. Put a little bit of water in a roaster pan and then put in a rack. Place the bird on the rack, cover, and cook for about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite thanksgiving foods (potato, beans, stuffing, corn).

I think that I might try this one for thanksgiving. I was thinking with a saffron rice with potato tadehk, pumpkin and sweat potato curry, spicy Thai green beans and asparagus... I am getting hungry.

2 comments:

Nathan Fireborn said...

Congrats J. I am getting hungry now.

Russ said...

I see you have a pretty balanced international menu on your site. When are you adding your delicious Vietnamese national soup? Also, is there room for another Thai soup, Tom Ka Gai? Wow, we're a favorite site? I'm flattered! Haven't even shared with you my experience of making my favorite Persian dish, fessenjoon. Keep on cookin'