Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Preparing for a big feast

Cooking something new is pretty fun for me. Two thanksgivings ago, I made a Thai Roast Duck. It was very good, but it got me thinking that I could do better. So, ViviAnne got me a turkey a couple of months ago. I took it out of the freezer yesterday and I think that I will cook it up on Friday. I was thinking a Thai Roast Turkey (using the same recipe from the Roast Duck), with a saffron rice and some other semi traditional Thai/Thanksgiving combinations, like sweat potato curry and a spicy green bean/asparagus stir fry. I suppose I should invite some people over to enjoy the food, but then again, maybe not. Maybe I will eat it all my self and make everyone jealous:) Ha!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Hey Justin,
Thanking you from both of us for helping be an example and getting us blogging. Also, I cooked my favorite Persian dish recently and it turned out pretty good. Autty's is Sabzih, but mine is Fesenjoon, a walnut and pomegranate chicken dish over saffron rice. Turned out better than I've had it in one buffet restaurant but not as good as at Reza's in Chicago. Did you share the turkey? haha. Russ.