Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Make Your Own Caramel

So, my friend Clif is a bad ass cook. Hi Clif, I love you. We went to his house a while back and he made an amazing meal, in fact it was the best elk I have ever eaten. He also had some homemade caramel for dessert. It is easy to do, so I will post it here for you to enjoy as well. In fact, as I type this, I am making some.

Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
Big pot of water.

Peal the label off the cans, and put them into the pot of water. You must make sure that the water completely covers the cans. Bring water to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 4 hours. Check fairly often to make sure the cans are covered with water. Cool and serve. You can store in in the fridge too.

So you may be wondering, what happens if I let the water boil down so the can isn't covered. Well, let me tell you, my advance knowledge in physical chemistry tells me that the cans will explode. So heed my advice and save yourself from a giant sticky mess by checking the water level every half hour.

No comments: