Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Zucchini Parmesana

As you may have read earlier, we had a garden this year. It did pretty well and I learned a lot about gardening, so next year it will be even better. We got some zucchini from a friend and it had been sitting on the window sill for a couple of days and I suggested to ViviAnne that we could make eggplant parmesana, but with the zucchini instead. It worked out great and here it is so you can enjoy it too:)

big zucchini
olive oil
Italian breading
1 egg
spaghetti sauce (from a jar, its easier)
mozzarella and Parmesan cheese

Warm the olive oil in a pan. My wife was telling me what she did when she made it and she actually said, "Gently warm the olive oil so as to not harm it's integrity." What? I couldn't stop laughing. Anyways, do that, then cut up your zucchini into 3/4 inch slices (no need to measure the exact thickness). Dip the slices into your egg, coat in bread crumbs and sear both sides in the olive oil. Put 1/3 of your spaghetti sauce in a 9x13 baking dish (stone or glass), place seared zucchini into dish and top with sauce and cheese. You may layer this if you wish:). Bake at 350 until tender.

I love this stuff, and you will too. It is even vegan, so my friend Robert can eat it. Oh, crap, it has cheese, never mind. Your loss Rob, your loss...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …

Justin Fischer said...

I am glad that you enjoyed it!

discount furniture said...

I found your blog searching new directories for furniture. Your blog turned out good.