Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

So you say it's your birthday!

Today is my birthday, I am 32. It has been a nice day so far. I spent the morning sleeping in a little with my wife and then had some doughnuts and coffee with Liam and ViviAnne. I am looking forward to my birthday dinner with my parents, granny and parents-in-law tonight. We are having roast and Granny made a Heavenly Hash Cake. I will try to get the recipe for this cake, it is possibly the best confection ever. I know that the kids went to the dollar store yesterday to get me a present, so I am looking forward to see what they got for me. I think it is some type of chocolate, but I am not sure. I also think that my parents might be getting me a skill saw, which I have wanted for some time.

My mother-in-law is making me cookies, chocolate chip. These are the best cookies in the world. I have had a lot, and I have seen the recipe that she uses, nothing extravagant or different, just your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. Man do they turn out good, it is amazing. I have had a lot of cookies and I have no problem saying that her's are the best. Hands down, she would beat the pants off Betty Crocker in a cookie bake off. I wish I had a picture of them, I will try to get one.

Well that is all for now, happy birthday to me!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Justin! I was just reading your entry to ViviAnne over the phone while she is on the road to Seattle, we both had a great laugh. I agree about the cookie's, they are the best! You can eat my share tonight. Happy Birthday!

Annie Reneau said...

Happy Birthday, Justin (a little late)! Hugs all around.