Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I have a Six Year Old!

Today is Liam's birthday. That is pretty exciting for him. He woke up this morning in our bed. He had snuck in during the night and slept at the foot of the bed. When he woke up, he wanted a fruit smoothie and toast with butter for breakfast, but he wanted it in bed. When ever it is ViviAnne's or my birthday or father's/mother's day we get breakfast in bed. It is cute that he wants to do the same thing.

We are going to the Science Center today for his birthday. They have a birthday package that includes a magician, so Liam thought that would be super fun. He likes the sciences center a lot anyways so this is a nice gift to him. We made cupcakes last night for the party. When I took Darius down to the kitchen this morning he saw them and wanted one. I didn't give him one and he got mad and through a little fit. He will just have to wait a couple hours. My parents are going to come over tonight after dinner to give him there present too. I think that they are going to give him swim lessons, a swim suit and goggles. He has been asking for goggles for the last three or four months. I guess he really wants to do some swimming under water.

The last of our Arbor Day Society trees came in the mail yesterday. I am going to try and plant them tonight. We are going to put all the spruce tree in the wind break and the rest we will put around the house and in the field. I was also thinking about getting my riding lawn mower hooked up so I could try it out on the field. The weeds and grass are still really small, but there are some left over stalks of weeds from last summer that I would like to knock down. We'll see if there is enough time this afternoon. Liam would probably love to ride around on it with me.

No comments: