Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Planting Continues

Welcome to another addition of the spring planting update. We decided to reseed our lawn, as our current lawn is spotty at best. I borrowed a harrow from my friend Brad and drove around the lawn for a couple of hours digging up the ground a little bit for the new seed. ViviAnne and I then raked all the dried up weeds from last year and spread the seed around. It is suppose to rain today and now that I have a window in my office I can see that it is indeed raining. Good! We also have a bunch of compost to spread out, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. All the kids played outside the whole time. Darius loves to be outside, here he is trying to eat lunch. After we got all the seed out, we went to the park for dinner with some friends. It was a good end to the weekend and great weather.
Tomorrow is ViviAnne's birthday, we are going to eat Sushi and watch the movie Juno. She has seen it, but I have not. We will also have a bunch of people over to do all this with. So expect a sushi recipe soon! I have not gotten a present yet, but have a couple of ideas in mind. I am going to take the kids after I get home from work to buy her something. Fun, fun! If anyone wants to get her something, you can send trees from the Arbor Day Website as gifts. So send us a tree, email me for an address.

No comments: