Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Projects at Home

I have been on the war path for doing projects at home. Right now, I am engaged in building a little potting shed near the garden. I am using a bunch of the lodge pole pines I chopped down in early summer as posts and will frame up walls in between. It should look pretty cool once I am done. I also plan on putting in largish sized stone plates for the flooring around the shed and then seeding blue grass so it grows in between the plates. I am also going to build up a couple of stone planting boxes for flowers and maybe herbs. I am placing the shed near one of our maples and I think I am also going to plant a river birch and maybe another maple to semi surround the shed. In a couple of years (like 15) it will have shade from the east, south and west. So it will be a cool place to do some gardening. I would also like to extend a little trellis out from the roof and grow some type of ivy on it.

It is suppose to rain this weekend, so I am hoping that I can get a lot of the framing done over the next three evenings and then finish up the roofing this weekend. We shall see... I will post pictures once it is done.

No comments: