Pages

Monday, June 4, 2007

Summer Weekends

Summer weekends are great. We went to the river on Saturday and the pool on Sunday. Both were very fun. Liam took a picture of ViviAnne and I on our way to the river. All of the Palouse is green right now, so going on drives is great. At the river, we were joined by Mike, Robert and Morgan for a little BBQ. We cooked sausages, hot dogs, corn dogs and veggies. I was taking a gamble on the corn dogs being cooked on the grill, but they turned out great. At the pool, ViviAnne's sisters helped us out with the kids so it was a little more manageable. We stopped off at Jack in the Box for burgers on the way home.

The big project this weekend was trenching for the irrigation system that we are putting in. This is Asa, helping me stake out all of the irrigation lines. Over all, I have about 2300 feet of semi-flexible PVC tubing that I will begin laying tonight. We want to put drip irrigation in for the gardens and trees, and put in pop-up sprinklers for the lawn. I am hopping that it is all pretty straight forward, so far it seems pretty easy, just time consuming. It is actually pretty in expensive if you do it all your self. The pop-ups and piping is the most expensive part along with a back flow valve. We should be able to get it all done this week I hope, although, I might be taking a day off from work to make it all happen.

Last night as I was putting the trash out, I have to carry it about 200 feet to the end of our driveway, I saw a big great horned owl perched on our roof. It was pretty cool, I went inside to get the camera, but it took off as I was turning it on to take a picture. You will have to settle for a sunset instead.

No comments: