Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The view from up high

I have been working like mad on our landscaping. I trenched the entire yard and up by the garden and have dug out were I will put in my frost free spigot and irrigation system control center. It has been a lot of fun, sometime a little frustrating, like when it rains, but over all very fun. I am hoping to finish up this weekend. Getting this project done will be great and give me a lot more time to do other stuff. First off, I won't need to spend as much time watering the garden and yard. Just turn on a switch and let it go for a half hour or so. Secondly, I was smart and installed some spigots near the garden and out in our future lavender field. This will make it so much easier to water specific parts of the garden that I might not want to do with soaker hoses. Third, ViviAnne hates to water and will be so happy once this is done. It is always good to make the wife happy.

I got a couple of pictures from a neighbor of our property from about 800 - 1200 feet in the air. Our house is the one sandwiched between the three in the middle of the picture, in case you don't recognize it from other pictures. You can make out our garden in the back of the house, it looks like it has been watered recently. You can also see that my mother in law is at the house as well, because her white Highlander is in our driveway. I always think that our place looks so small compared to the other houses around us, but then I remember that we have three levels to their two, so i think that we are on par with our neighbors.
That's all for now, but I will be posting some more recipes soon, so stay tuned.

No comments: