Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Friday

Lots of stuff going on right now. Today is my dad's birthday. Happy birthday Dad! Hopefully we will be able to see you tomorrow after you get home from your trip and have some cake.

Our chickens are getting bigger. They can just about fly out of the box we have them in. So, this weekend I will be building a temporary chicken yard for them to hang out in up in the bonus room above the garage. They are eating so much that I have to reload their food can every night. I need to remember to do that tonight for sure.

ViviAnne is off at a birth right now. This one is a long one and I hope that she is getting enough rest and food while working her doula magic. It is pretty amazing that she is able to attend these incredible intimate moments on a regular basis. It seems inspiring to me.

I would like to roto tiller the garden this weekend. Maybe if I build the temporary chicken box tonight, that will free me up some time tomorrow. That way, I can work up the garden and plant some of the early season stuff. Mainly: lettuce, potatoes, spinach and bok choy. I will plant the greens again in May and then maybe one more time in June.

I also need to finish up the outdoor chicken yard. All of my posts are in the ground and in concrete. I just need to add the fencing and make my door.

No comments: