Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Planting Time Again

Ah, spring is here again. I have already started working in my garden and for see a very productive garden this year. My friend Mike talked to me a couple of weeks ago about gardening with us, so I am looking forward to the help early on and then later in the summer.

I roto tilled the three garden plots last weekend, and now need to add in some manure and humus. I have been slowly building up the plots so that next spring I can put some boards around them an call them a raised bed.

First thing to go into the ground this year was onions, Liam and I planted them Sunday evening after dinner. I have baby bok choy, lettuce, spinach, potatoes and carrots that I hope to plant tomorrow and Thursday night. I will plant lettuce and spinach again in the middle of May and maybe once more in late June. In late August I will plant the bok choy again for a fall harvest.

Check back soon for pictures!

No comments: